“A Personal Bible Study Ministry”
Baldwin Branch Missionary Baptist Church; Dr. Louie Boykin- Pastor
Book of Isaiah; Chapters “45-66”, Vol. 4; April 2015
(Reference the KJV and The Living Bible translation on line; wwwbiblegateway.com will give you several versions to search.)
Thank you for participating in the Scholars at the Branch Bible ministry. Our prayer is that your bible knowledge increases, you get to know God better, and that you draw closer to Him through individual study time and prayer. God Bless you and your efforts!”
Stacey A. Orr/Author
Directions: Pray and ask God for understanding. Read the questions completely, search the text as you study, write only the answer legibly and concise. Include the chapter & the verse number(s) of your answer choice.
Return by 05/31/15.
A minimum score of 90 is required for recognition as a “Scholar at the Branch” certificate.
1. (3 Part Qst.) Isaiah prophesized; “You chosen ones if you had followed my commandments; you would have had _____________like a river and righteousness as the waves of the ____________.” There shall be no ______________ for the wicked, saith the Lord.
2. (2 Part Qst.) God said He would never go back on His Word and that all would look to Him for salvation because He is God, and there is no other. He said that His word had gone out of His mouth in righteousness and it would not return void. There are two parts of the body God said every man would eventually use to express reverence to Him; what are they and what will they do?
3. As the Word of God was spoken to Isaiah; He said, “Yea, thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time that thine ear was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deal very treacherously, and wast called a transgressor from the womb.(KJV) Then he said for His own sake He would stop His anger against them. What was the reason God gave for recognizing that He needed to show His people mercy?
4. Isaiah told the people that the Lord had called him before his birth to deliver His Word. What words did God use to express how he felt about Isaiah when he chose him?
5. (2 Part Qst.) God spoke to Isaiah and said, “I have tattooed or engraved your name upon my right palm.” Why did He say that? Who was He talking about?
6. As Isaiah prophesied the Words of God about the captives and the Gentiles being delivered from the hands of their enemies; he said the Gentiles will come and bring their sons and daughters, Kings and Queens will care for their needs and bow before them; then you should know that I am God! What did he say would be the feeling or state of being for those who waited on the Lord?
7. The mightiest and the most terrible of the captives, including their children, would be set free and their enemies and the oppressors/enemies would meet a terrible fate orchestrated by God. “For they shall know that I am God, the Savior, Redeemer the Mighty one of Israel/Jacob.”(TLB) What was the fate of the oppressors/enemies?
8. Those people who know right from wrong, who know righteousness, love the Word or whose heart is for the law or love the law, should not fear the reproach of man or their slanderous talk; for God has a plan for them. In God’s plan of justice, He compares their demise to that of specific insects bringing destruction to a personal item. What insects does He reference?
9. Isaiah prophesized God’s Word and said, "Remember this, and show yourselves men; Recall to mind, O you transgressors. Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man who executes My counsel, from a far country. Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it.” (KJV) What two things was going to be offered immediately to the stubborn-hearted?
10. “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater”(KJV) What else did God say would bring forth fruit like crops that have been planted and watered?
11. The Word references; “where once thorns grew, the fir tree will grow and where briars grew, the Myrtle tree will sprout up and grow.” This miracle was a sign of what?
12. Isaiah expressed that he was so happy! He said, “Let me tell you how happy God has made me!”(KJV) Then he continued by telling how God had clothed him in salvation and righteousness and how his excitement matched that of a bridegroom in his suit or bride with her jewels. How did he describe God’s righteousness in relation to the events of nature during spring time?
13. The high and lofty One is the One who inhabits eternity! God lives in a high and holy place with those of contrite and humble spirits. God will heal those who accept him and give them peace and comfort. What will life be like for those who continue to reject Him?
14. What was the reason that Isaiah gave for good, godly and righteous men dying before their time?(TLB)
15. God said that His salvation was near or he was coming soon; he said keep my judgments and practice doing good / justice. What two actions, in accordance with keeping Gods judgments and justice, if a man did, would it give him blessings?
16. "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.”(KJV) According to the book of Isaiah, what form of destruction shall fall upon those who worship idols when the Lord returns?
Submission Instructions: Completed study questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Baldwin Branch (postmarked by the due date) or returned in person to myself, Stacey A. Orr or The Church Secretary at church.